Pages

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

it's kind of a funny story (2010)

when life seems too hard to handle, who thought few interesting days in mental hospital can change your perspective in life??

hello all, like to give a teeny tiny review about the movie I just watched, and as like other movies I've been reviewed, this one also a good movie to watch, especially for teenagers who thinks life sucks and that entire blah thing around.

It's kind of a funny story tells a story of a 16 years old, Craig (Keir Gilchrist), who thinks his life is a total mess and decided to end his life by killing himself. But he can't do it on his own so he goes to a mental hospital with the hope he can solve his problems. On the hospital he meets few interesting friends with few problems they had. He meets Bobby (Zach Gailifianakis), a father and a husband that trying to kill himself six times which grow to be to be his best friend in that hospital. Noelle (Emma Roberts), an amazingly beautiful teenage girl with free spirit that also trying to kill herself. Muqtada, a middle age Egypt man that never even bother to get up from his bed, and many more interesting persons. On this hospital Craig learns everything, life, friendship, and love. On this hospital also he realizes that everyone's life is a mess, the real question is how we handle that into something best we want to be for our future.
 
well I think this one is a good movie, I'm not really understand into a cinematography and all of those technical things from a movie (actually I'm hoping of learning that somewhere when I get a scholarship for my master degree, amen *looking up*) but from the story that given I think it's a good movie. When you think life is too hard too handle that's all right because everyone feels the same. And when you did something you didn’t love to, then leave it because you can get brighter future from the things you love to do.
 
when watch this movie we will lead into a typical life of teenager. All their problems, all their expectation, all their naughtiness that leads them into something called depression. From this movie also we learn how life has many things to offer than being sick about it, if we really think about brighter future than we'll have one. We will also find that people that live in a mental hospital is still people, people with feeling, emotions, and actually brighter imagination than we ever thought. And underline this, everyone, I mean everyone, from all ages, all races, al nationality, all background has a problems, because that’s a common thing in life. You know, as a food, life isn’t great if we didn’t add few spicy ingredients inside it ;)

the movie is not so inspirational, not so heavy, but as a viewer I find it amusing to watch and I kinda learns life lesson from it. That's not so many good lines though, but that’s many good gestures and act which makes this movie stands out. The soundtrack itself is amusing. And one more thing this movie is pretty hilarious, you'll find funny acts almost in the entire scene. What can I say? It really is kind of a funny story.

"Okay, I know you're thinking, "What is this? Kid spends a few days in the hospital and all his problems are cured?" But I'm not. I know I'm not. I can tell this is just the beginning. I still need to face my homework, my school, my friends. My dad. But the difference between today and last Saturday is that for the first time in a while, I can look forward to the things I want to do in my life. "- Craig (It's kind of a funny story)

So, find it attention-grabbing??
 
Happy watching everyone!!

ps. I never thought living in a mental hospital would be that fun, I'm actually thinking of living in there until I realize it's just a movie ;p

No comments:

Post a Comment