Pages

Friday, November 13, 2015

[Gem of the Week] Roy Kim’s You Don’t Love Me




I can’t believe that it’s November already. I feel like there’s so much to do, yet so little time. Time really flies, I guess.

Anyway, I’m a bit lazy of posting anything on this blog, even though I have already written reviews on several kdramas. The laziness hit me and the procrastinator-side of me rises. However, now I decided to start posting regularly and fill this blog up.

As a starter, why don’t we begin with something I found very lovely and tender? It’s a piece by Roy Kim.
I’m currently watching Twenty Again and slowly falling in love with its soundtracks. My favorite soundtrack is probably the one sung by Roy Kim.

Roy Kim has such a distinct and divine voice that differentiates him from others. His voice is so soothing but filled with something sorrowful – depending on the song’s lyrics. It showed that he’s not only singing through his mouth but also through his heart. He puts himself inside a song and let the listeners feel what the song wants to portray.

He did that with You Don’t Love Me, which is one of the soundtracks of Twenty Again.
I’ve already loved this song without even have to learn the lyric, because I knew that this is a sad song and Roy sung it perfectly.

But after I learned the lyrics, I fall further for this number.




I’m always looking at you
I can only keep my feelings inside
I don’t dare say those words
I know this can’t happen but I can’t leave

Even if you don’t love me
Even if you don’t look back at me
The reason I can’t send you off
The reason I can’t let you go
Is in case you forget me, who love you so much

My heart that is waiting, you who won’t return
Days I tried to look away
I know this can’t happen but I can’t leave

Even if you don’t love me
Even if you don’t look back at me
The reason I can’t send you off
The reason I can’t let you go
Is in case you forget me, who love you so much

Without a sound, without any promise
I’m looking at you, getting farther away
Because I can’t do anything
I’m endlessly feeling your traces

Even if you don’t love me
Even if you don’t look back at me
The reason I can’t send you off
The reason I can’t let you go
Is in case you forget me, who love you so much

Credit to: Popgasa



Isn’t it beautiful?

What really hit me is this part

The reason I can’t send you off
The reason I can’t let you go
Is in case you forget me, who love you so much

That lyric is really something.

A person who has experienced a one-sided love will definitely relate to the lyrics, na cheorom.

No comments:

Post a Comment