Pages

Wednesday, February 15, 2017

[At A Glance] Missing 9 (2017)


I don’t know if it just me, but I often feel that when many new and exciting things are coming at me simultaneously, instead of welcoming them with the warmest hug, I tend to take a step back and looking for something different. Weird, right? This situation is what I’m currently experiencing now. With so many good and new dramas to watch, I chose to spend my precious time to do odd things rather than watching new dramas or finishing the dramas I’m currently watching.

Thankfully, my inner fangirl spirit still managed to take me to watch the newest MBC’s drama, Missing 9. And I honestly don’t know if it’s because this drama is a really good or really weird, but I keep watching it anyway.


Episodes Watched: 6

Comment:

I’m not really familiar with the cast – except for Chanyeol (well, who doesn’t know him, right?) – So, watching it is purely an experiment. If it is not for its “different” premise and its background-mess – the production team changes the title and the leads so many times – I probably would skip it right away.

Missing 9 has a really really weird vibe. Maybe that’s because it’s a survival drama? I don’t know for sure, but the change of tone of this drama is so sudden and unexpected. Using a reverse technique where a sole survivor was found in the beginning of the drama and tell the story of her-and-others’ survival is a brilliant job. Otherwise, it will be a super boring drama. I’m still looking forward to the next episode and curious to know what the hell is happened to them, who made it out of the island and who are not.


As for the romance, I’m still hoping that at least Seo Joon Oh and Ra Bong Hee will develop into something more meaningful, rather than “I love you because you saved me the other time”-kinda thing.

Meanwhile, for the actors, I’m not seeing any spectacular performance yet from any of them, but if I have to choose which one is putting the best act, then I will definitely choose Jung Kyung Ho. Though, I find him as a one-dimensional actor. I don’t know if it is good or not, but for me, Jung Kyung Ho will always be Jung Kyung Ho in whatever drama he is in.


So, to sum it up, will I keep watching it? Yes, I will. Will I add it to my favorite? It’s tentative. Up until now, probably not, but the remaining episodes might change my perspective.

Oh, and fyi, since it’s a Korean drama, so don’t expect to see the actors and actresses looking like a hobo with super dirty clothes and grubby skins in the deserted island, they still look handsome and pretty with chic and stylish clothes and perfect hairstyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment