Pages

Thursday, March 16, 2017

[At A Glance] Strong Woman Do Bong Soon



Hello blogsphere! It feels good to be back! Though I made a promise to myself that I will never-ever abandon this blog again and will try to post one or two entries each week, I (once again) broke my promise. But thanks to the power of Do Bong Soon, I find myself ready again to post something about k-drama.
 

I’m currently watching JTBC’s Strong Woman Do Bong Soon and I find this show as a super weird one. It’s really really weird. I’m not ready yet to declare that I will be fully committed to this show and will love this show with all of my heart and soul, but I enjoyed my time watching it.

PLOT:

Strong Woman Do Bong Soon depicts a story of a girl from Dobong-Dong named Do Bong Soon (Park Bo Young) who work as a bodyguard to a wealthy young CEO of a video game company, Ahn Min Hyuk (Park Hyung Sik). Ahn Min Hyuk decided to have a bodyguard because he always receive a death threat. Do Bong Soon blessed with a super strong body from her great great grandmother. She has a one-sided love to her childhood friend In Gook Du (Ji Soo) who work as a police officer in crime investigation unit. One day, a scary murder happened in Dobong-Dong. The murder, somehow, seems related to Do Bong Soon, her boss, and her childhood friend.

FIRST IMPRESSION:

I’m up to episode 4 as of now and I can say that this show is taking me on a rollercoaster ride. Strong Woman Do Bong Soon is a bizarre drama. Not because the lead character has Samson-like strength, but also because other characters are weird as well. Plus, the tone is pretty unconventional. The show juggled me from the mushy possible-love-story between Do Bong Soon and her boss to a creepy murder to a stupid gangster group.

The first two episodes is so ragged. The editing is a mess. The positioning of the soundtrack is untidy. The sequence from one scene to another scene feels jumpy, which is really bad for a starter because first impression is really important for me. So, if it is not for Park Bo Young and Park Hyung Sik, I’m probably will make my way out from the first 30 minutes and wave a sweet goodbye to this show. 


Park Bo Young really saves the show. And Park Hyung Sik is helping her as well. I love the duet between Park Bo Young and Park Hyung Sik. They look super comfortable with each other and their slightly childish and unimportant argumentations never make me bored.

As for Ji Soo, I have yet to see anything different or exciting from him. For me, Ji Soo will always be Ji Soo in every dramas he starred in. So, I’m really hoping that his character will turn to a shocking one, a murderer maybe?

The other characters are bringing color to the show as well. My favorite sideline characters are the gangster group. I can’t stop laughing when the gangster group scene show up. They are super hilarious and not scary at all.


As a conclusion, will I continue watch the show? Yes, I will, because I’m super curious about who the murderer is and is the murderer really connected with a person who threaten Ahn Min Hyuk or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment