Review

Monday, December 3, 2018

"Your Imperfections Make You Unique"

Just watched "Redefine Pretty", a film made by Em Ford (the person behind My Pale Skin YouTube channel) for Creators for Change movement.

The film blew me away. It is so beautiful and define what the reality is. As a person who is struggling with low self-esteem and always thinking about "what will others said", this film hit me hard.

As I watched it, I realized that all of women who got featured in this film and said that they never thought they're pretty enough are actually very pretty. I realized that everyone have their own uniqueness, their own values, which make them shine in their own ways.

It reminds me of what my mother's orthopedist said to me the other day when I said I have scoliosis and I often feel insecure if I wear a tight dress to a wedding because it will show my uneven back. After examines me, the orthopedist said that I'm thinking too much about it, because it doesn't show at all and he said that it was just me who thought that when other people doesn't see it at all.

Maybe it is time to let loose, to accept me the way I am, to stop looking at stereotype on how perfect is because it will never end, there will always be someone who is taller, prettier, have more perfect body, have clearer skin, etc. But there is only one me. So, for whoever who read this and struggling with your flaws, embrace it dear, embrace your uniqueness, because maybe what you're struggling with is what makes you special.

Just like what Cindy Bishop said "Your imperfections make you unique."

No comments:

Post a Comment